How to Join the Event
When: Thursday, August 9th, 2018, at 5:30 PM Eastern U.S. Time
Join from LINUX, Android, iOS, MacOS, or Windows by selecting "Join Event" below.
From the United States, you can also dial in with one-tap:
US: +16699006833,,671123641# or +14086380968,,671123641#
Or manually dial from the US with either
+1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923
(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)
You can select the International Numbers button below for a list of countries and associated numbers.
Use the Meeting ID: 433-198-329
Importance of self care in general:
- Daily self care practice reduces anxiety and stress.
- Self care includes many aspects including emotional, spiritual, physical, and workplace/professional. The Self-care Wheel may be helpful to you.
- We cannot assist others if we are not healthy ourselves.
- Every individual's self care plan is unique.
- Ignoring self care can result in burnout, crisis, relapse, heightened anxiety or depression.
The definition of emotional self care in summary according to Desert Alchemy is identifying and nuturing your feelings,
your awareness of your inner state, and your intellect.
Elements of emotional self care:
- Create a toolbox of comforting activities, support people, and safe places to draw upon when needed.
- Praise yourself and lift yourself up.
- Watch meaningful movies again and re-read favorite books or articles.
- Find things that will make you laugh.
- Love yourself.
- Join in social movement to express your outrage. Participate in protests, marches, and letters to government.
- Allow yourself to cry.
Letting go is a powerful way to move on from unwanted emotions and is key to emotional self care. Here are some ways to practice letting go:
- Accept who you are in this moment and accept others too.
- Expectations can keep us stuck, leading us to fear a particular outcome. If you do not like the outcome, let it go.
- Trying to control will lead to unhappiness. You can only control your own behavior.
- Avoiding painful feelings will lengthen your time of suffering. Feel your feelings and let them pass.
Links for You