How to Join the Event
When: Thursday, August 23rd, 2018, at 5:30 PM Eastern U.S. Time
Join from LINUX, Android, iOS, MacOS, or Windows by selecting "Join Event" below.
From the United States, you can also dial in with one-tap:
US: +16699006833,,671123641# or +14086380968,,671123641#
Or manually dial from the US with either
+1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923
(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)
You can select the International Numbers button below for a list of countries and associated numbers.
Use the Meeting ID: 632-630-222
One of the most effective ways to manage stress and reduce anxiety is to participate in healthy and satisfying recreational activities.
Here are some important points about recreation and leisure:
- Leisure can be defined as free time or time that does not involve other obligations.
- Leisure is time to engage in pursuits which are freely and voluntarily chosen. It develops a person's ability to be self-actualized.
- This time spent in leisure leads to a state of mind of freedom, intrinsic motivation and a combination of spiritual, physical, emotional and intellectual expression.
Leisure is included in the Wellness Concept of health based on these ideas:
- Part of personal wellness is a person's leisure time which evokes feelings of purpose and joy.
- Active and satisfying leisure participation throughout a person's lifespan contributes significantly to psychological health and successful aging.
Leisure time is imperative for a balance in your life.
- How do you feel about "doing nothing"?
- Do you think that time should not be wasted?
- How can free time improve our productivity?
- How do you define the word "lazy"?
Ideas for enjoying an extra moment at home, work or commuting:
- Observe what is going on around you. Look at the sky or a picture in your wallet.
- Take a deep breath and pay attention to it.
- Become aware of your posture and how you can change it or feel more relaxed.
- Take a short walk or daydream.
- If you like people, visit with someone for a few minutes and talk about something positive.
Links for You