Prayer and Meditation
How to Join the Event
When: Thursday, July 19th, 2018, at 5:30 PM Eastern U.S. Time
Join from LINUX, Android, iOS, MacOS, or Windows by selecting "Join Event" below.
From the United States, you can also dial in with one-tap:
US: +16699006833,,671123641# or +14086380968,,671123641#
Or manually dial from the US with either
+1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923
(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)
You can select the International Numbers button below for a list of countries and associated numbers.
Use the Meeting ID: 508-642-198
The overlap between prayer and meditation:
- Includes breathing to provide relaxation.
- Focuses thoughts to clarity.
- Emphasis on staying in the current moment.
- Results in peace and inner healing.
- Involves letting go of stressful thoughts to a higher power, God, Allah, or Divine Spirit.
- Prayer includes all thoughts; present, past and future.
- Includes all the benefits of meditation plus having a real connection to outside spirit of the universe to give gratitude, confession and hopes to.
How prayer and meditation make a difference:
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Reduces depression and anxiety.
- Decreases symptoms with chronic medical conditions such as heart disease, HIV/AIDS, terminal cancer.
- Boosts morale and self esteem.
- Relieves loneliness and life dissatisfaction.
- Enhances any other coping skill.
Suggestions for prayer and meditation:
- Work in regular, if not daily time for prayer and meditation. Not only when you are stressed or feeling poorly.
- Find a quiet space or area. It involves listening to your inner self and your higher power.
- Meditate or pray for others.
- Try a prayer walk to enjoy the beauty in the world.
- Meditate or pray with other people.
- Take breaks at work to pray or meditate.
- Specific outcomes will happen. Patience is important and you will receive an answer eventually.
Links for You