PeachTree Therapeutics — Groups, Classes, and Workshops
Clinical Practice, Technique, and Theory
Stress and Anxiety
These workshops, sessions, and forums provide professionals with tools and information to augment the treatment of
one of the most common self-reported complaint sets: Stress, anxiety, and other fear and competition based distresses.
- Stress and Anxiety — Daily Practice of Meditation and Breathing
- Resilience — Cultivating Sustainable Recovery
- Overcoming Tragedy — Beyond Merely Surviving Trauma — PTSD tools
- Identifying Causes — Fears, Frustrations, and Fallacies
- Emotional Imbalance Detection — Setting Positive Mindfulness Triggers
- Dialectical Methods — Dissolution of Neuroses
- Which Track? — When to Prevail and When to Collaborate
- Living in, "I Don't Know"
- Emotional Pain — Four Noble Truths, Eightfold Path
Pathways to Brighter Future
These workshops, sessions, and forums examine ways to deliver more advanced life skills to clients and patients.
- Serious Play — Re Creation Through Recreation
- Practical Self Observation — A Stepwise Approach
- Mindfulness — The Path to Freedom
- Self Esteem Development — An Incremental Approach
- Discovering the Dimensions of Anger Expression
Addiction and Recovery
These workshops, sessions, and forums develop knowledge in areas related to addiction, avoidance, and sustainable recovery.
- Multiple Diagnoses — Interdependence of Dysfunction
- Opioid Treatment Realities — A Facts and Outcomes Based Approach
- Substance Abuse — A Primary Predictor of Family Dysfunction
- Social, Sexual, and Emotional Anorexia — Avoidance
- Addiction Models — Removing the Opioid Blinders
- Eating and Exercise Disorders — Considering a New Dimension of Powerlessness
- Addictive Profiles — Gene Expression, Patterns, and Signatures
Extensions of the Addiction Model
Just as the concept of democracy was once limited to an educated elite and extended to the less educated, to both genders, and across races
as human kind advanced morally, ethically, and intellectually, so has the notion of addiction and what it legitimately and functionally includes.
- Proposal: A Symmetric Addiction Model — from early drafts of Addiction Science and Myth © 2017 TranSeed Publishing
- Co-occurring Addiction — Group and Societal Addictive Patterns as a Norm — from early drafts of
Addiction Science and Myth © 2017 TranSeed Publishing
- Critique of Current Addiction Trends — Brain Disease, Behavioral Addiction, Universal Modalities, Studies and Rigor
QGT — Quantitative Geno-environmental Therapy
QGT is an evidence and outcomes based framework for therapeutic intervention, treatment, aftercare, and research inquiry.
The framework is based on the following prior theoretical frameworks.
- Holistic mechanism based research — By Holistic, we mean complete evaluation of mechanisms of dysfunction across the range of neural, biological, social, cultural, and economic factors.
- Statistical rigor — By rigor, we mean the application of double-blind controlled in-sito along with the construction and verification of models that can simulate observed behavior.
- Total quality management — TQM is a theoretical framework for using metrics and feedback to improve on the existing theory and practice.
- Business and legislative intelligence in socio-economic decisioning — Application of the above to insurance, treatment, publishing, and therapeutic business management and governmental proposals and legislation
The framework has the following characteristics.
- QGT introduces a starting matrix of known positive correlations between outcomes for common diagnoses and the common methods applied in the treatment of those disorders. By common diagnoses, we mean frequent diagnoses found treatment facilities and private and group therapy practices. By methods applied, we mean techniques, approaches, and modalities used in treatment.
- QGT refines the starting matrix of known positive correlations and tracks exceptions in diagnoses to avoid excessive reliance on DSM criteria and past studies of lessor rigor.
- QGT views individual and social dysfunction not as sets of disorders assigned to patients but more holistically as heightened health and survival risks related to genetic expressions under specific environmental conditions. The systems of human and symbiont biological and social adaptation are in some ways enhanced by modernity. Contemporary modes of thinking and industrialization have brought advancements in coping skills, medicine, communications, and hygiene, however, as Carl Jung proposed, the adaptive characteristics of these same systems are sometimes compromised and diminished by some advancements. For instance, there was no chronic cocaine addiction until methods of purification emerged from advancements in chemistry. There were no forms of depression stemming from nihilism until rationalism led many to the idea that all goals are subjective and transient. The patterns of risk to individuals, families, and economies emerging in the human population as a result of dysfunction require remedial action, and therapeutic treatment and the continuous improvement of it is the goal of the QGT framework.
The PeachTree Position
Behavioral Therapy, CBT, DBT & Mindfulness, 12 Step Facilitation (TSF), Creative Therapies, and other modalities each have their place in the clinical tool set.
PeachTree Therapeutics embraces these within the context of the QGT quality assurance framework.
The increased effectiveness of continual improvement the match of modalities to the self-reported
and professionally detected risks to individuals, couples, families, and communities is part of our clinical and business models.
Let Me Know About Upcoming Events
We will send you a notice of great groups and workshops if you would like.
Links for You